Monday, March 19, 2012

Dust Bath


Stormy rolling after a long ride, during which there was lots of trotting and even some cantering and some throwing of I-want-to-go-back-to-the-barn fits. Which I won. She got sweaty. 
When I got Stormy she hadn't been ridden in years, and she still has some barn-sour and herd-sour tendencies. What makes it worse is the herd matriarch, Sonora, whinnies her head off when any members of her herd leave. Stormy really finds it hard to resist. My goal this summer is to ride her as close to every day as I can get, and work specifically on going on rides with just the two of us. She can be such a dream to ride when she isn't wanting to go back to the barn--she's getting really good at neck reining and she even responds to my seat and legs very well now (most of the time.) 

On a side note. I'm having a BIG PRINT SALE and it ends tomorrow. 

No comments: