Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Day Job

My "real" job (the one that actually pays the bills) is drawing designs for an embroidery company (OESD). It's a lot of fun really, and it gets more and more fun as the market gets more trendy. I didn't even know home embroidery machines existed before I started working here, and now I really really really wish I had one. (Actually I did get a sewing machine for Christmas but it doesn't do embroidery.)
Here's one of my newest designs. It was actually based on customer requests. Who doesn't love the cute and cuddly honey badger? I'm happy with how it turned out so I just had to share:


I do end up drawing more flowers than anything else for embroidery, but I'm the designated animal-drawer here at work so I get assigned (most) of the collections that involve animals. 

1 comment:

Helen P. said...

Hahaha oh man. I love Honey Badger. He is bad ass.