Thursday, July 5, 2012

Banana Boats

I saw this banana boats idea on Pinterest a while ago, and finally decided to try it for the 4th of July. They used chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and coconut. I'm not a huge coconut fan, so I tried my own variation. I used tiny semi sweet chocolate chips, a couple Reese's peanut butter chips, marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbles. I call them Nanner S'mores. Or S'mananna Boats? S'mallow Nannerboats? 

Anyway, here's what it looked like all stuffed with s'morey goodness:


The banana peel turned kinda black on the grill. Next to it is just a graham cracker with choc. chips and mallows on it. It turned out terrible. Can't win 'em all.


But the S'mallow Nannerboat was delicious! The Mallows were toasted on the outside and gooey on the inside, and the graham crackers were crispy and the chocolate was melted. So good! I'm going to be making a lot more of these!


No comments: