Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Another Post About One of My Animals

Pedro:

Pedro is my second dog. (Bella is my first, I found her in August of 2006 and found Pedro May 2007) For a long time I thought Pedro must be Chihuahua mixed with some sort of terrier. He's energetic enough. When he was a puppy he had a looong body and short legs. Then all the sudden when he was about 9 months old his legs grew like 2 inches. He's pretty small and has springs in his back legs that he uses for leaping straight up in the air and for out-running every other dog at the dog park. I'm not kidding, he's freakishly fast. He also barks way too much and thinks he should be in charge. But Bella likes him so he got to stay because she really doesn't like any other dogs. He stands all the way under her when he thinks he's in trouble and peaks out from between her front legs.
I Digress.
Last year I got both my dog's DNA tested. For fun. And the folks and Wisdom Panel say they think he's part Sheltie, part Chinook, and 50% mystery mutt. 


Well maybe there's still some chihuahua in there but apparently not enough to show up on their test. Same thing with my terrier theory. Maybe he has a little teensy bit in him. (He sure doesn't look like a Chinook.)

But what about this extinct dog breed, the English White Terrier? Famous (among dog nerds I guess) for being the terrier breed that was crossed with a bull dog to create the Bull Terrier. 
Does this dog not look like he could be pedro's great great great great great great grandfather?



I think so.





2 comments:

Helen P. said...

I think he might have some Basenji in him!

I found your blog when you commented on mine and I think your art is great! I've included you in my Liebster Award list; you can check out the details in my blog post today!

Morianart said...

Thanks!
I never thought of Basenji...that's a possibility. (his tail isn't normally curved like that, he was super excited at that moment..that probably makes him look a lot more Basenji-ish)